Ep. 97 – How to Learn from, Manage, and Take Risks – with former Navy SEAL Kevin Lacz
Kevin Lacz is a former SEAL Team THREE sniper, breacher, and combat medic. He joins the show to chat about his experiences as a SEAL, how he’s applying those lessons in his life today, taking risks, and his book, The Last Punisher.
Being a SEAL taught Kevin important lessons about casting a vision, developing a strategy, and taking advantage of opportunity – lessons that are just as important on civilian life as they are in military life.
- “You can’t win the game if you’re sitting on the sidelines. You need to be active and proactive.” Opportunities don’t wait for you take action.
- Although you need to take action, you shouldn’t do so prematurely. We all want things to happen quickly, but you can’t get ahead of the ball – especially when you are working with other people.
- Everybody has a limit. It’s okay to tactically pull back and wait for a better time, and it’s important to understand where your limits are.
Being a SEAL was an important part of Kevin’s life, but it isn’t what defines him – “I don’t want to be defined as just a SEAL. I want to be able to be a positive force in every part of my community. I think that’s necessary for my peace of mind, and as an example to my kids.”
So take these lessons to heart, get off the bench, and start making an impact in your community – and pick up a copy of The Last Punisher if you need any more inspiration. Anyone can be a force of positivity in this world.
Don’t be a podcast junkie…
- Learn more at KevinLacz.com
- Connect with Kevin: Facebook | Instagram
We are brought to you by the Lawton Marketing Group, a full service advertising and design agency serving companies and entrepreneurs at all levels. The are your one stop shop for all your website, logo, social media, print, app design and reputable management needs.
Visit LawtonMG.com for more info.
Production & Development for The Impact Entrepreneur Show by Podcast Masters