Nicholas Kusmich is the world’s leading Facebook advertising strategist, Founder of H2H Media Group and the League Of Extraordinary Marketers and creator of The Art Of Lead Generation. Nicholas is using his unique ability to understand behavior to create advertising strategies that leverage social platforms.
The most important question you should ask before advertising, but probably aren’t, is do I have a Predictable Profit Process in place that makes it worthy enough to go to Facebook and drive traffic?
More eyes will not always equal more sales. Media platforms like Facebook are accelerators. In order for Facebook to be a game changer for you, you must know exactly what a lead is worth to you and how many web visitors become clients in a predictable fashion. Otherwise, Facebook ads will be your downfall.
“Facebook is the eyeball store.”
How do you develop a Predictable Profit Process?
- Who are you trying to serve? The business should not revolve around you or your product, but rather the marketplace you are trying to serve. In order to build a sustainable system, you need to identify the specific steps that prospects take before they become an actual client or customer.
- Be very specific. Pareto had the 80/20 principle, but that doesn’t work in social media marketing. Nicholas takes it a step further with the 4 percent rule. Building on Pareto’s 80/20 rule, take 20 percent of the 20 percent, which represents 4 percent. The end result is the exact population of the marketplace you are attempting to serve.
- Get clear on their problems, needs and fears. Learn their four forces: Fears, Frustrations, Wants and Aspirations.
- Articulate how your product or service gets them closer to where they want to go or solves one of those four forces. Then ask what are the one, two or three conversion events you can put in front of them that will move them from prospect to client.
- Begin to drive a small number of people there to see if it converts. Track how many people convert for every 100 people who see it. If you know how much each visitor is worth to you, then you now have the magic metric and now have a Predictable Profit Process.
Understand that Facebook is not a commerce-driven platform – it is a socially-driven platform. You can not sell directly on Facebook. There always needs to be an intermediary step.
“The worst thing you can do on a social platform is bring commercial intent to it.”
Nicholas doesn’t follow the rules of traditional advertising copy. The one thing that causes people to buy from you and not your competitors is resonance. They have to know, like and trust you. Good communication is when your ideal prospect or customer feels understood by you. If you are not connecting on an emotional level, your copy will not be well received.
Nicholas developed the Look, Hook and Took approach to writing copy.
- Look. The most important step a marketer can take with their Facebook ad is with their image, especially in an attention deficit world. Find images that provoke an emotion through story.
- Hook. It is important is build rapport. A fundamental strategy to build rapport is a methodology called feel, felt, found: I understand where you are coming from. I have experienced this emotion too and I overcame it when I found _______.
- Took. In every ad, there must be a very clear Call to Action. The language used should be simple, but direct. For example, I want to give this to you. Click here to download, watch, etc.
“In today’s world, the currency that creates transactions is connection.”
If you want to take the next step towards building a marketing strategy that resonates with your audience and has a huge impact, then check out Nicholas’ Behind Closed Doors workshop.
Don’t be a podcast junkie…
- Learn more about Nicholas: Website | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn
- Join the FB Marketing Mastery group
- Watch the Behind Closed Doors workshop
- What Made Me Who I Am by Bernie Swain
We are also brought to you by the Lawton Marketing Group. A full service advertising and design agency serving companies and entrepreneurs at all levels. The are your one stop shop for all your web site, logo, social media, print, app design and reputable management needs.
Visit LawtonMG.com for more info.
Production & Development for The Impact Entrepreneur Show by Podcast Masters